24 February 2012

Introduction; Or, Actually Let's Stick With Introduction


When I first considered starting this blog I envisioned it as a review blog with an emphasis on constructive lessons to be gained from each work, and perhaps periodic updates on my own work. I realized, though, that my relentlessly critical approach to reviews was rather unpleasant to read and not all that constructive. That in mind, this is Not a Review Blog, and it will Not tell you whether to buy a book.

Instead, it will focus on the intellectual and artistic edification which I see in books, whether through their flaws or their strengths or just the subject matter they cover. It will be, in a very real sense, the philosophy of literature.

1 comment:

  1. This should be very interesting to follow, Gabriel. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete